Monday, August 29, 2016

Steps Around Olwen's New Home

Just one day before Ninong Olwen Abergas flies back to NYC, we took the steps of our lives to Marikina to see and visit Olwen Abergas. Yes, he is the loving ninong of both Rafa and Angel and is our dear friend. He had been spending his summer vacation here in Manila, specifically, at his new home in Rancho Dos, which was nearly finished. Olwen had long invited us to come over and see his place, but the weather had been uncooperative for the past few days. We were supposed to go last week, but the weather dumped rains and flooded many streets around the city.
Photo shows a couple of take-outs that Olwen gave Rafa and Angel. Since Cecile was with Mamsit this weekend in Cavite, I needed extra help to take care of Rafa and Angel while on the road and in Marikina. AJ Carag agreed that we hitch a ride in his car. Thus, I parked the Everest at SOMA and AJ picked us up at BGC. I explained that it wasn't advisable to drive all the way to Marikina with two kids as passengers, even if Ate Ida, was with us.
Photo shows Olwen explaining to Rafa that he has to make an apology letter for Cecile after our little boy has an infraction with Cecile a few days ago. Truly, playing the role of ninong and teacher.

1 comment:

Frank said...

Hello. I believe this is Olwen Abergas, my teacher from Blessed Sacrament School in Brooklyn, NY. If so please reach out to me at casadofrank@gmail.com.
I want to reconnect with my favorite teacher.