Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Off To Coron

Finally, Chief and I are went on our first local trip, since we took a December 2001 trip to Boracay. We flew down to Coron, Palawan last Wednesday, 04 April 2007. We booked just a few days before the Holy Week. Luckily, our friend, Chin, was able to find us SEAir tickets and accommodations at his place called “Darayonan.”

At around 1pm, we were on a taxi going to the Domestic Airport. A regular 20-minute ride stretched to 45 minutes. Heavy traffic. Our taxi driver took a shorter route, passing through Nichols Air Base. Today, I learned a new route. Good.

Checking in wasn’t a hassle except that I didn’t bring an real ID. Left my UST id and driver’s license at home. Even convinced Chief to do the same. Luckily I had an old BPI ATM card which allowed me entry into the airport.

“Sabi ko na sa iyo…” Chief said to me.

We were the first to check into the SEAIR afternoon flight to Coron, Palawan.

We saw David Guerrero of BBDO in the waiting lounge. Angel Guerrero was also around, together with her sister. But our paths didn’t cross. Now, I wished I had come up to them and exchanged pleasantries. Chief had not personally met David. Angel used to work for McCann. She is also a Comm Arts grad from UST. Same blood. But different types.

Chief was assigned Seat # 19. I took Seat #17, just in front of her. Chief asked why we were not seated together. “Kailangan po balanced ang weight ng plane,” explained a stewardess.

I chuckled a little as it emphasized my point that Chief had gained extra weight through the years.

It was a two hour wait for an hour flight, flying around 10,000 above sea level.

SEAIR gave out complimentary Nestea drinks for the one-hour flight. Really a budget flight. No in-flight service. No stewardess to explain emergency procedures. Only the pilot said, “In case of emergency landing, life vests can be found underneath your seats.” DG455 really a far cry from an SQ flight.

No comments: