Thursday, December 06, 2007

Kingdom

I am a fan on Jennifer Garner. When Chief and I were in Vietnam, we rarely watched “Alias” until last year I started following that TV series. Last September, I did buy the box set DVD of “Alias.” But still need to open and watch her on the small screen.

Last Sunday afternoon, at Cinema 3 of Greenbelt 4 Cinemas, Chief and I caught “The Kingdom,” the 2007 film directed by Peter Berg and starring Jamie Foxx, Chris Cooper and Jennifer Garner.



The movie is also co-produced by Academy Award nominated director Michael Mann, who had done work on “Miami Vice.” Remember that TV series? The film is inspired by today’s news and brings back memories of the bombings at the Riyadh compound on May 12, 2003 and the Khobar housing complex on June 26, 1996.. and in the kingdom of Saudi Arabia. That why the movie is called, “The Kingdom. Photo from Universal Studios.

No comments: