Thursday, December 13, 2007

The Night Before We Leave For The States

It has been nearly 4 years since Chief and I were in the States. We were in the East Coast, arriving just in time for New Year celebration at Times Square and spend a few days with my cousins and Tito Rene and Tita Nenen. Tonight is the night before we leave for the States, making stops in Los Angeles, Oakland and San Francisco before joining my cousins for a white Christmas.


By Saturday, it would be the start of Simbang Gabi. And it would be our third Christmas since we returned from Vietnam in 2005 and our 1st Noche Buena in New Jersey with my cousins. Photo shows us from Christmas 2006 at our Greenhome.

Chief has not had a complete 8-hour sleep these days as she has been packing and wrapping and more packing and wrapping. I stayed out of her way as she has a “system” to get things done. She finished all our gifts for family… both Gabutina and Velez.

Today, I made three trips back and forth to Greenbelt 1. Luckily, it was only a 15 minute walk. I had pictures printed for a photo album and bought extra Yale locks. Plus, sent our Xmas money gift to Uncle Ming, who lives in Marikina.

Mom wanted to come to our Greenhome today so she could see at least on the night before we left but there was still so much work to be done and our home was in disarray. She was crying when we talked on the phone this morning. But I promised to call her later tonight and tomorrow morning from the airport.

No comments: