Wednesday, December 24, 2008

A few hours before Christmas Eve

This is how our Greenhome looks on the night before Christmas.




It is Christmas clutter at our greenhome that will help spread good cheer to families and friends.


It is a few hours before Christmas and am scribbling these holiday cheer from our kitchen. From where I seat, the street across our Legazpi Greenhome is empty. Not a single car is parked. The windows of the call center at the building across are closed. The blinds cover any activity going on. Guess, none. Only a couple of cars are parked in the parking area below.


Earlier, I quickly passed by Don Bosco to pick up desk calendars with artworks of Joey Velasco. (Photo of Joey Velasco besides his famous painting from http://joeyvelasco.com) Joey received the 2008 Blessed Philip Rinaldi Servant Leader award. I had written about his work in Code RED, which was publsihed last December 2007. He received the award last December 6 during the 9th Asia-Australia Congress of Past Pupils of Don Bosco program held in Pampanga.

Guess, it was really God’s plan to allow me to catch up with Fr. Armand Robleza, SBD. Earlier, from work I called and talked to Madz Nayve to make reservation for those calendars. She told me that she would just leave the calendars and extra copies of the current issue of Code RED at the reception. I knew that I wasn’t going to make it earlier at Don Bosco because of work.

Yup, I am still working through this day as I needed to get a draft proposal read by client soonest. Plus, a couple of publicity materials out for CITEM. Work cut into our planned visit to Greg’s place for the annual “Cotyfest” in honor of Tita Coty Cobangbang. We missed that event last year as Chief and I were in the States and now, we are missing it again due to work.

Anyway, back to Fr. Armand. He was preparing to leave the compound and visit his mom and family in Antipolo for noche buena. We did get to talk for a few minutes, updating him on the challenges and concern Grace and Max were having for their new baby, Zak, who has been in and out of the hospital. And we talked about our parents and their relationship with their children.

Plus, about the rush for shopping. “They have their own way of packing and preparing gifts,” says Fr. Armand. He is referring to wives and how husbands like me get out of the way of their wives during Christmas shopping.

The only shopping I did this season are the calendars by Joey Velasco and the Swatch I got for Chief last Sunday.

Happy holidays everyone!

No comments: