Monday, January 26, 2009

Thelma's Story

Thelma walked into our lives last Sunday.

Chief and I went to Mass at St. John Bosco Church. We were a little late, just a few minutes as the celebration of Christ’s life started. We found ourselves a place at the last row. Infront of us, there was a little boy, maybe, 3 or 4 years old. Every time the boy would stand and look at us, he would smile at the people besides us but not smile at me? Hmmmmm. Maybe, I reminded him of someone at home who scolded him often? Maybe?

Later at home, Chief told me. “Maybe, he is adopted as he doesn’t look like his mother.” Another maybe? I recalled that he had curly hair and probably had some non-Pinoy heritage? Maybe, Indian?

After Mass, we went briefly to Rustan’s. Just some window-shopping. We were both having long working days. The Corp PR 2 team was still short-handed but we were looking forward to Melissa joining our team soon. Chief was extra busy too. Getting less sleep. Often, patience is challenged on days like this. Stretched and stressed.

As we got home and about the enter the elavator from the basement parking, Jinnie approached me. I said, “Sandali lang pare. Aakyat muna ako.” Chief had been waiting inside the elevator.

After a few minutes, I went out of our Greenhome and met up with Jinnie at the basement parking. He started to tell me the story of Thelma.

No comments: