Thursday, August 09, 2007

Josh Harnett & Too Late The Hero


Yes, Josh Harnett is in the Philippines doing a movie entitled, "I come with the rain: somewhere at Mt. Diwalwal.

According to a new report by Edith Regalado, published in today's issue of the Philippine Star, the Hollywood actor treated the film and production crew to lechon (roasted pig) and beer.

I last remember watching Joshua Daniel Hartnett (born July 21, 1978) in the movie “Black Hawk Down.” I didn’t even watch this movie in the cinemas but only caught it on cable when Chief and I were still in Vietnam.

Back in the early 70s, my dad used to work for Vicnayve Productions, which worked with American companies to produce movies in the Philippines. There was a film production boom in the country during those Marcos years. Apocalypse Now was the most popular movies filmed here in the country.

One of those smaller movies shot here was “Too Late The Hero.” Directed by Robert Aldrich, tt starred Michael Caine and Cliff Robertson. I remember my dad, Hector Urbano Velez, use to bring home publicity photos from that movie. I now wished I had joined my dad “on location” to witness a movie being made.

But my dad has moved on already, and today my birthday, am feeling a melancholy about my dad not being around as I celebrate my birthday!

Miss you dad!

No comments: