Thursday, August 09, 2007

Out at Serendra

Serendra is one place Chief and I enjoy going to. It has wide open spaces. Lots of walk but less the crowd and has some of the better restaurants and shops in this part of the city.

Today, Chief treated me out for an Italian birthday dinner at Baladucci. Have to seek out what that words means in Italian. This restaurant reminds us much of one of our favorite restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City called "Sta Lucia Restaurant" which was the first restaurant Chief and I dined at when I first arrived at HCMC back in April 2001. That could be another whole blog.

Tonight, it was all Serendra. Baladucci for dinner and Mary Grace for dessert. Chief had brewed coffee and shared tiramisu and rum cake (which I didn't fancy much).

"How are you feeling?" asks Chief.

I replied, "Am feeling tired." And she was surprised and said, "5 years palang tayong married, tired ka na."

Of course, I didn't mean it that way. AM just feeling tired on this day... and these weeks and it just so happen that today is my birthday. Now, am asking myself, why am I feeling tired. Not really up and excited on my birthday. Maybe, it is because that my parents are not around. Mom is still in the States. Dad has moved on since 2001. There was the recent debacle with a client event. Nothing much to celebrate. It seems to be just another day.

No comments: