Wednesday, February 13, 2008

My cousin Renelle

This scribbles are about my cousin Renelle. Wait, sounds like a title of a movie, "My Cousin Vinny!" But photo shows me with Renelle and Patrick.

Renelle is mom to EJ. The eldest of the kids of Tito Rene (my dad’s only brother) and Tita Nenen. Am not sure how old she is? How young are you Nel? Yup, she recently celebrated her birthday. Am sure she had a memorable date with someone special.

Last December 2007, Cecile and I spent a couple of days at her home in Demarest, New Jersey. She also got us (and Patrick) tickets to the Nets and Pistons game. My first-ever NBA game.

She also baked chocolate cookies for us on our last lunch at her home, our last weekend in the States. Even my mom and Violet got a taste of her home-cooked chocolate chips.


I won’t forget the smile in her face when we arrived at her home last 24 December 2007 to surprise her mom and dad. She was jumping up and down outside her door like a little girl. And it was cold winter night that evening. She hugged us tight that swept away the cold.

Back in 2003, she also treated us to watch “AIDA” plus a nice commemorative T-shirt. I remember that Japanese restaurant we first had dinner, on the way to her home in New Jersey. She cried as she opened up her heart and life to us. I felt weak and unable to help.

Now, she has moved on and forward with her life. EJ had grown big and has a rabbit in his room.

As we soon celebrate Valentine’s Day, Cecile and I share our love with Renelle Velez. Happy birthday cousin! May you be blessed with good health and happiness!

No comments: