Monday, June 05, 2006

The 1st Post on the 5th Year

Yes, it our 5th year anniversary today, 04 June 2006. It is both a day of joy and a little sadness. As today, we also look back to that early morning five years ago in our first greenhome in Ho Chi Minh City. Yes, Chief and I were sleeping that day when my mom called. She was in tears. My dad, Hector Velez, had died that early morning. They say that death comes like a thief in the night... well, that night, this "thief" came right into our greenhome.

Now, five years later, Chief and I have moved on. Now, living and working here in Manila. And expecting to be a family soon, as Chief is now nearly 8 weeks pregnant! Yahoo. And these blogsite is specially dedicated to Christian Gabriel. It is a celebration of new life to be born. A month by month...week by week... day by day account of the creation of life and the blessing of parenthood!

Today is indeed a celebration. I know that my dad joins us in this celebration. Even, looks after Chief as she disappers from my view after she enters the lobby of GT Tower. And soon, many of our family and friends will join in this celebration. A blessing. Even a miracle of life slowly unfolding before our eyes and inside Chief!

Welcome to all! Welcome Christian Gabriel! And many thanks to Christ for making all LIFE possible!

No comments: