Sunday, November 04, 2007

2 hours at Brazil

In Saigon, one of our favorite restaurants is “Brazil.” Other fave restaurants include Texas BBQ Ribs where Chief, Patrick (my cousin) and I feasted down to the "bones" of good-tasting ribs. And Pendolasco, with their eat all you can pizza crust. Only last September, during the Asian CSR Forum, I brought Tere Lopez-Pacis, my best friend from Intel at Pendolasco, together with a couple of other jounalists.

After the 10am Mass at St. John Bosco Parish, Chief and I proceeded to Bonifacio High Street to meet up with Rene Bernal for lunch at “Brazil” at Serendra, Bonifacio High Street, Taguig City. It was an easy ten minute drive while listening to 105.1 FM jazz music.

It was our anniversary weekend and we wanted to treat a friend who is dear to us. Photo shows Chief enjoying a cup of green tea, reportedly good to cleanse all the "fat" we ate.

Today, we look back to memories of more than 25 years while enjoying good food at “Brazil.” Rene Bernal had been my friend since I studied at UST Graduate School. That friendship started in June 1982. Together with his friend, Etoy, he visited us in Saigon last 2003 and stayed at our first Greenhome at 25 Tran Nhat Duat Street, District 1.

Unfortunately, they didn’t allow me to take pictures of the buffet table. Sorry. But for 670 pesos for "all you can eat" buffet, it was worth it. The waiter first served corn soup. Medyo konti lang. Just around ten spoonsful of soup. Then, I started with potato salad before all the grilled items started to fill my plate.

It was nice and easy two hours of kuwentuhan, from our trips to Olongapo, where we nearly faced death as Egay's car spun around three times along the expressway... to Ilocos Norte, where we stayed in haunted house... to Puerto Galera, where we buried each other in the sand and to more places we tried to remember.

Plus our first-ever overseas trip to HK in 1988. That would be a whole separate blog.




For dessert, I got strawberry cake and fruit salad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i wonder why they dont allow picture taking...