Sunday, November 04, 2007

Talking parenthood @ Eastwood


At Eastwood last night, Chief and I caught up with friends who were really proud parents. Picture show (top row, left to right), Gerber's friend, Gerber, Chynna, Guy, Cesar and Me. Seated (left to right) Marie, Marivic and Cecile.

Marie Datu-Mamawal had gone shopping with her “kids.” Gerber (my inaanak) was drinking Coke. I told him, “Sige, get one beer. Okey lang iyon.” Marie would say that he would still drive and Jovy wouldn’t allow it. I proudly showed the red Adidas tennis shirt I was wearing, “Paki sabi kay Jovy naka rd ako” as San Beda was the repeat champion of NCAA basketball. Gerber is taking up Marketing in San Beda.

Marivic says that she allows her “kids” Miguel and Ia to drink at home. Miguel, also my inaanak, is now is Ateneo. Chief was pencil-pushing the cost of tuition fees. Around 70k per semester!

Later, Chynna, also arrived with a guy in tow. “Nangliligaw pa lang” whispers Marie to us. He snaps this picture of us as Marie and her kids had to leave early. Both Marie and Jovy’s kids have picked up tennis and would probably wipe out Chief and I out of the court in straight sets!

On the ride home, Guy was also talking about his only daughter, Bea, who was turning 19 in a few weeks. He shares that she had just broken up with her boyfriend. I can imagine she is a lady now in the campus of St. Scholastica!. She is taking up journalism. Probably, she has her own blogsite here?

Chief and I are still a long way from parenthood... and would need all the help and insights from family and friends.

When would be the next Parenthood 101?

No comments: