Sunday, October 28, 2007

Chicken for Mel & Joey


Yesterday, Saturday was the start of the long weekend is here. And it begun with me going off to Salcedo market to get some dessert for the Part 2 of the “Mel & Joey” shoot at our Greenhome. Mel & Joey image from GMA website.

Chief was busy preparing the food and dishes, proud to use her ceramics bought from Minh Long Ceramics in Vietnam. She had ordered from a caterer and also had a "aprty help" hired for the day. Earlier, I also made two trips to 7-11 to buy 6 bottles beer (before a liquor ban takes effect due to the barangay election on Monday) and a 35 peso ice pack.

By 10:00am, I stood and waited at the lobby of Legazpi Towers. First to arrive was Bob and Monch and my inaanak, Trey! Bob shooed me away as I was filming their arrival. How would have Quentin reacted?

With my Sony digital video camera, I followed them up to our condo unit. And before they could settle down, Cesar and Amvic were already knocking at our door.

The camera continued to roll, even past lunch time. Amvic bought dinuguan and chicken curry. Monch bought a dozen donuts! Chief had ordered buttered fish and roastmary chicken.

Everybody was warming us. Teasing and reminiscing about the past 20 years. Wow. 20 years. These images became vivid again as pictures from the 80s spread out in our dining table. Bien and Maripaz. Guy and Gina. Bob and Ana. Egay and Cecile. Matess and Dean. Marie and Nick. And Gil and Cecile, which is really what the “Mel and Joey” feature is all about.

No comments: