Friday, October 05, 2007

Lunch at La Taverne

Met up with my former colleague Ms. Tu Nga at the La Taverne Restaurant, front of the FPT Office at 41 Suong Nguyet Anh, somewhere in District 1. According to the http://anan-vietnam.com website, La Taverne offers Vietnamese & French cuisine prepared by a world-renowned French Chef in villa and its tranquil gardens. (Photos from http://anan-vietnam.com)

We caught up on many things happening within Vietnam. I worked with Ms. Tu Nga when I first arrived in Vietnam in 2001. Mai Thanh Advertising was the first company I had worked for.

As PR Account Director, we worked together on several brands and events. This included the launch event for Dove in HCMC.

Together with Johnny Edbrooke and Brenda So and the rest of the agency team, we developed the Dove Spa on the building which would later become the Sheraton Hotel.

We also worked on the Kimberly Clark “Simply the Best” Program.

Here at the La Taverne Restaurant, one would see the middle-class Vietnamese professionals enjoying buffet food. Western food. Pasta. Salad. I had two servings of potato salad and three slices of pizza. Not really like my fave cheese and garlic Shakey's pizza but good enough for lunch.

On one table, I saw a foreigner enjoying lunch with a Vietnamese woman.

Will post food pictures soon.

No comments: