Friday, October 26, 2007

The Night Before The Shoot

The night before Mel and Joey. Yes, it is Friday night and we need to clean up and prep the Greenhome for our friends and the GMA TV crew coming over for the shoot.

I bought food from Chowking, along Dela Rosa Street. Chief had siomai. And I had lumpiang shanghai. And we got asado siopao for Manny (Chief’s younger brother) and Dad Gabutina. Manny had stopped over at our Greenhome to drop off our prom picture! Yup, 16 February 1984… nearly 25 years ago. (see picture. Hehehe).

Back to the preps, we still need to fix up the closet. Yes, I finally was able to put together an IKEA clothes cabinet, which we bought from Mark (a local distributor). If you want to know where you can buy Ikea here in Makati, I can give you his contact details, even his “showroom” address.

Plus, need to prep the photo albums, the text journals, diaries and scrapbook that captures the steps of our lives late 2000 up to the present.

Plus, clean our Greenhome! Wala kameng maid kase.

I cleaned our Black and Decker electric fan earlier. Unscrewed it. Removed the plastic blade. Wiped it clean for the first time since we bought it last year.

And earlier, I bought a smaller 12” Hanabishi fan at Automatic Center at Greenbelt 1. Here, I had a “brush” with the sales people, who were giving me wrong info about the electric fan I was buying. First, they brought out the wrong size of fan. Second, the clerk confirmed it was the “right size” but obviously, he was wrong. Third, they were charging me ten pesos to processing fee for cancellation and refund (as I decided to keep the smaller fan to save around 60 pesos). Fourth, they informed me should be 20 pesos. And only to find out again (after I had raised my voice and threatened to complain to DTI) that there was no need for the processing fee.

But it is the night before the shoot and tomorrow, we take a giant step with Mel and Joey!

No comments: