Sunday, October 28, 2007

Violet at 28

Yes, it my sister's birthday today. The 28th of October. Violet, or Vio, as she is fondly called is a mother to one fast-growing kid, Miguel. Only last weekend, Miguel turned 12. Wow. Twelve years and soon, he would be going into high school. During last week's Olga's despedida, Celine, Rowell, Francis and I were talking... rather conditioning Miguel to consider going into a high school that would have good chances of leading up to college.
Photo shows Violet (right) with Chief (left)

He was just listening and said, "I don't know to my mom."

Guess, Violet knows better.

I remember back in the early 90s, during that strong earthquake, Violet was living and working in Baguio. And all communications were cut then. And no mobile phones yet... and mom and dad were extra worried about her, so I had offered to take a bus up to Baguio and check her out.

Yes, she was safe and my trip to Baguio would be another blog.

For now, happy birthday Violet! May you always count your blessings with Miguel.

No comments: